About Us

Our Service

Get your TCP License

We have been working with limousine companies to help them get licensing from the California Public Utilities Commission and Major Airports in California since 2004

0 +

Years of Experience

TCP Licensing Consultants


TCP Licensing Consultants has over 50 years combined experience in the transportation industry, and have been assisting businesses obtain their authority/permit from the PUC since 2004


Our expert consultants completly understand the PUC licensing process and know the requirements of the various agencies, enabling us to obtain your permit in the shortest time possible. By entrusting your paperwork with one of our consultants you'll have the peace of mind of being assisted every step of the way while avoiding potential mistakes and costly delays.


Through our experience with the steps necessary to obtain your PUC authority, we are able to provide a turnkey process from start to finish. Call us now at 714.666.6691, and let' us help you get your TCP number and your business going!

Frequently Asked

General Questions

In most cases the transportation of passengers for compensation requires operating authority from the PUC.

Applicants for a TCP permit or certificate file an application with the License Section. You may download this application packet.

The application filing fee is $1,000, except for a Class A charter-party carrier certificate, which requires a filing fee of $1,500.         
The filing fee must accompany your application.

  • The law provides three types of certificates and three types of permits.
    Class A certificate – Charter service between any points in the state; round-trip sightseeing service.
  • Class B certificate – Charter service between any point within a radius of 125 air miles of the carrier’s home terminal to any other point in the state. (Per federal law, the mileage limitation may not apply to transportation provided in vehicles that seat more than ten, including the driver.)
  • Class C certificate – Transportation services incidental to commercial balloon operations, commercial river-rafting or skiing.
  • “P” permit – Charter services using only vehicles under 15-passenger seating capacity.
  • “S” permit – Round-trip sightseeing services.
  • “Z” permit – Specialized services not offered to the general public, namely, transportation incidental to another business; transportation under contract with industrial and business firms, governmental agencies, and private schools; and transportation of agricultural workers to and from farms.
  • 7 passengers or less                    $750,000
  • 8 through 15 passengers           $1,500,000
  • 16 passengers or more              $5,000,000

Carriers authorized under a PUC-issued certificate or permit to serve an airport may do so only with the approval of the airport authority involved. Prospective applicants for operating authority are urged to contact the airport(s) involved to learn whether additional carriers are being allowed to operate on airport property and what the airport’s requirements are. 

The Commission collects from each licensed carrier a fee based on the carrier’s gross intrastate operating revenue. Currently the fee is ¼ of 1% of revenue. Carriers with annual revenue or $100,000 or less remit the fee annually together with a flat fee of $25. All other carriers remit the fee on a quarterly basis accompanied by a flat fee of $10. Late-filed reports are subject to a 25% penalty.